****Membership renewal notice attached****
RANGE MEMBERSHIP We will be hosting a membership sign-up at Bass Pro on November 5 and 6, 2016 and February 4 and 5, 2017. On Saturday 9 am to 3 pm and Sunday 10 am to 3 pm.
Be sure to check our website listed at the top of this letter before going to the range for up to date information.
Please note that we have installed security cameras. It is another step to keep the range and members as safe as possible.
NO member has the right to take anything off of MGCA property. If you didn’t bring it, then don’t take it. If you do and are caught, you will be prosecuted and your membership will be suspended.
***********************MGCA WILL NOT HOST PERSONS WANTING CONCEALED CARRY TRAINING, OUR INSURANCE WILL NOT ALLOW IT. We will not allow members to take over a range because they are training other members or non-members. It is NOT fair to other members. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO CARRY A FIREARM ON THEIR PERSON ON THE CLUB PROPERTY WHETHER OPEN OR CONCEALED NO MATTER WHAT. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises! This includes no using alcohol containers (no cans of any kind, bottles, etc.) for target shooting! MGCA has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol. ALSO NO EXPLODING TARGETS! The small percentage of members that are violating these rules will be asked to leave. ***************************
1) All ranges are open. Also, you can now shoot slug guns on the Range #1 (lower range).
2) The range now has a well that is up and running.
3) The board of directors would like to thank ALL of our members who have volunteered their help with the range at any time; your help is greatly appreciated. A big THANK YOU to all of you.
4) Bump Stocks can be used if they are used in a safe manner. However, if there is one incident, bump stocks will be banned. At this time, our range is the only one in the area that allows bump stocks. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Greg Crank. And again, check the website for up to date information.
5) DEFINITIONS (see below):
a) A SIDE BERM is the high dirt area located along side of each range from the firing line to the impact area that is used to prevent any wild shots from escaping the range and possibly injuring or killing someone or damaging near-by property
b) A BACKSTOP is the area where bullets are supposed to impact after going thru the target.
6) Anyone available and desiring to help with Range Maintenance/Repairs can contact Greg Greg Crank for details.
OTHER NOTICES & INFORMATION
1) Gun Control Issues: Go to the ISRA website www.isra.org/ and follow the prompts to the legislative bills pending. If you are not signed up for the free ISRA ALERT SERVICE, do so today. You can also go to the NRA website www.nra-ila/org and follow the prompts to see pending Federal Legislative Bills and for all states, including Illinois. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ELECTED REPRESNTATIVES TODAY, both State and Federal, AND POLITELY INFORM THEM OF YOUR STRENIOUS OBJECTIONS TO ANY AND ALL PROPOSED PENDING ANTI-GUN OWNER LEGISLATION. You should also call and THANK the appropriate Representatives for their support on “PRO-GUN LEGISLATION’ bills.
2) ARE YOU an ISRA or a NRA MEMBER? These are the only two Organizations that fight for your rights that allow you to continue to be permitted to own and use firearms. Join or renew either or both of these organizations today! The Internet websites are: www.nrahq.org/ and www.isra.org/
3) This newsletter and other MGCA Club information is also available on our website www.midwestgca.com/
4) Please for safety reasons, do NOT leave the throwers cocked.
Please remember eye and ear protection are mandatory when you are at the range. Also, you are now required to display your membership card on yourself or your gun bag. IF YOU VIOLATE THIS RULE, YOU WILL BE ESCORTED OFF THE RANGE.
All members are invited and encouraged to attend all periodic Board Meetings and Quarterly Membership Meetings.
Board Meetings will be held on the 1st Wednesday, 6:30 p.m., @ the Range Maintenance Building, in the months of:
Any and All correspondence for MGCA is to be mailed to P.O. Box 9251, Peoria, IL 61612.
Mary Harper Secretary & Editor
Membership # ________________ Dues amount $ ____75__________ Date ____________ Name _________________________________________________________________________ Address _________________________________________________________________________ City , State , Zip __________________________________________________________________________ Phone number __________________________ I have read and understand the Range Rules and the Regulations of M.G.C.A and I agree to abide by them. Signature: _______________________________ Date _____________________ If you do not sign above, your renewal will be sent back to you .
MGCA PRST STD (July 2017-News) US Postage P.O. Box 9251 PAID Peoria, IL 61612-9251 Peoria, IL Permit #888